Good bye my friend

In the middle of the night, she left. I was completely puzzled by the fact that there were no apparent signs, no disagreements or indications that she would soon end our relationship. I had always thought we shared something special, something unique. No one warmed my heart like her and no one made me smile as joyful and as wide as she did. I could be myself in her presence - completely silly, a little over weight and oftentimes lazy. We would spend countless days outside doing absolutely nothing. It was the closest I'd ever let anyone get to me with certainty that she wanted nothing in return. So, to think that she left without a single word - no note, no hug and no formal good bye is a bit hard to swallow. She literally packed her bags and vanished. With any hope at all, I'll see her again.

Good bye Summer. I'll surely miss you!