Becoming Me!

my butt is much bigger
than i'd like it to be...
my eyelids are beginning
to droop like my Asian ancestors...
my knees often make a funny
sound when i bend...
my stubborn grays are winning
the race against Ms. Clairol #110...
i need to upgrade to bifocals but
i'm putting it off as long as possible...
this little yellow pill will follow me
the rest of my life thanks to my dad...
i have no desire whatsoever to play
dress up and if i don't take my daily
nap i am not a happy christian...
my memory has yet to catch up
with today's current events...
i don't think i'll ever date again and
that is perfectly okay in my eyes...
i've made peace with love and
if the feeling is mutual i consider
the loves of my past a delightful blessing...
i miss my pre-mommy waistline
along with my energetic disposition...
however, my smile is authentic
my laughter is infectious and
i am finally wonderfully me!