True Obedience

I would rather have two scoops of chocolate almond ice cream spilling over the side of a sugar cone...

I would rather have ice cold milk and a second serving of my favorite bowl of cereal...

I would rather have Maryland's best jumbo lump crab-cake with sweet potato fries...

I would rather have a great book and a yummy cup of hot coffee with just the right amount of cream...

I would rather have 85° in the middle of summer, on the beach with the sun pressing against my skin...

I would rather have a cold winter sitting in my ginormous bed, wrapped in pj's and my favorite orange socks...

I would rather be alone with endless blank pages and just as many ink pens while editing my unpublished poetry...

I would rather have a quiet still moment sitting by the window, gazing up at the clouds then to make love to someone who is not my husband...