My Flesh...Day After Day...

I still stand in amazement...
I pray and I wait...and then...
I don't see it...not with my eyes

I keep forgetting it's YOU...
Ten years later, it's so not me...
It's ALL about You

I'm driving and hoping...
It's getting late and I'm looking
I'm almost disappointed...
Nothing yet...says my flesh

And then...perfect timing
THERE YOU ARE
In my mind's eye, I can't decide...
The Holy Spirit speaks...
Gently, quietly...nudging me...

There beloved...right there...
Then HE speaks...
Not me, but Him speaking through me
I'm disappointed no longer
BUT TRULY AMAZED

Then WOW...All You
Do it again LORD, please...

The next day...
The pain in my back
The flesh just not wanting to....
But the Spirit...His Spirit...
Gently, quietly...nudging me...

There HE GOES AGAIN
Using me...in spite of my fears
In spite of my flesh...

Absolutely incredible…
Do it again my Lord, please...
Please...give me some more of that

And the next day...
Okay Beloved, look for it...
Holy Spirit leading, guiding and directing...

It's raining...surely not today Lord
Yes, today daughter...
Go out and tell them about ME

Looking and looking with these eyes of flesh
These eyes that have to see it...that have to be sure
Forgetting so easily that it's by FAITH alone
Not by sight precious child

AND HERE IT COMES AGAIN
There....across the street, I'll be with you
Tell her...walk her gently through MY Grace

Unbelievably Devine are You Lord
Ever patient with me
Ever present with me
Ever faithful day after day

In spite of my flesh
In spite of my fears
You show up...day after day...

Do it again My Lord...
Please...do it again...
Holy Spirit...gently, quietly...nudge me