HIS ROBE

This BEAUTIFUL SAVIOR! Sitting here with all my God tools and heard an emergency vehicle going by. I paused to pray and then just “kept praying” and “somehow” He caused me to burst into tears, and then penned this. How the two are related only HE knows! I never ever want to forget the CROSS AND HOW HE ABSOLUTELY SAVED ME!!! 😢😢😢❤️❤️❤️✝️✝️✝️


HIS ROBE 

I broke all the commandments. Just to make some; I worshipped a false god. I took things that did not belong to me. Yes, I was a thief. I embellished things day after day. Yes, I was a liar. I had envy and jealousy deep within my heart, and sometimes on my sleeve. Yes, He said “thou shall not covet” and I did it anyway, repeatedly.

I had sex outside of marriage, not while I was married, but before I was married. Over and over and over again. It was actually my lifestyle. And so very normal to me. The drinking the cursing the drugs… All the gossip, the partying, and all the other things that we do when we are not in covenant relationship with Him. 

The lack of “self care” for the body He gave me, which I was naïvely unaware of. The lack of parenting skills. The lack of boundaries and protection. The lack of quality time with my children because overtime was more important. 

All the while “trying to build” a safety net or nest-egg just in case, because my pride would not allow me to ask for help otherwise. All deep rooted anger and frustration, the long-standing unforgiveness with some people, including my parents. And these are just a few things that resemble the old me. 

And then He comes with His Robe of righteousness, taking off my filthy clothes and stripping me of my worldly and ungodly behaviors and mindset. He calls me to repentance and then He calls me “Beloved.”

I’m completely undone because surely I do not deserve it, and did absolutely nothing to earn it… And yet He whispers, “I love you!”

—Personal question(s) for reflection: 

Do you have this Robe? Are you His “Beloved?”