Reflection

Reflecting on where I was this time last year
and where I am today...

Looking at this woman in the mirror
I see a more mature reflection
One who understands humility, forgiveness
and most importantly God's grace and mercy

Which allows me to see all things are possible with God
And when the storms of life arrive...and they will
I'm hit with the realization that most of the issues
heartache, etc... are centered around my inability to release
control and wanting the world to be according to "Angie"

As I evolve into a more mature Christian
I have realized and embraced the true understanding of "surrender"
I'm not in control; that is God's role

Surrendering has been and continues to be a slow
hard and often painful process...one of leaving self
of out the situation and not being controlled
by the flesh or the world

It has truly been a transformation of my mind
body and soul; to walk, think and be Christ-like...
rewarding me a peace that (as grandma used to say)
passes all understanding

When the storms hit; remember you are being tested
even when you think no one is watching:
what MASTER will you serve
what direction will you take, whom will you honor…
(PRAY and EXHALE) then call upon the Holy Spirit within you

Look at that man or woman in the mirror
and know that you can't hide from God
Be true to the path God is directing

By Angela Washington