You Stand Alone

yesterday's blizzard brought about a frenzy
as there were constant news reports and updates

there were long lines at the grocery store and gas
stations and not one store contained a snow shovel

there were school closures and countless
government office buildings in shutdown mode

almost everything was at a standstill while
anticipating the worst possible conditions

minor heart palpitations, a little anxiety and
even moments of the worse case scenario

however in the midst of all this uncertainty
the power remained on and technology was
still operable

and with all of the men currently pursuing me
expressing feelings of deep affection and longing

not one called yesterday to check on
my welfare...my comings or my goings

only my sweet mommy and you My Lord
you have proven time and time again
to be my one true love

1/22/14