What I Believe

I believe that he waited 42 years for me

I believe that he has yet to fulfill his purpose in me

I believe that he truly knows my heart’s desire

I believe that he is preparing something amazing for me

I believe that day by day he makes a clear path for me

I believe that he protects me as I lay asleep during the night

I believe that he gives me the courage to be

I believe that he sustains my strength

I believe that he knows all of my tomorrows

I believe that he will never give up on me

I believe that I can never disappoint him

I believe that I am deeply loved by him

I believe that he has heard all of my petitions

I believe that his timing is perfect

I believe that his will overrides my wants

I believe that he saves my tears in a bottle

I believe that even when I can’t speak he knows my heart

I believe that he will restore those that I love

I believe that he will save those that I’ve prayed for

I believe that he placed the sun in the sky for me

I believe that the clouds are his way of getting my attention

I believe that my name is written on his heart

I believe that he does not want anyone to perish

I believe that I am fearfully and wonderfully made

I believe that Jesus is Lord

National Poetry Month #4