Even When

i have neglected him, i'm sure of it
i have stood him up, i remember it clearly
i even laughed about it, bragged about it
i have fallen asleep on him repeatedly
i have lied in his presence, intentionally
i don't always return his calls, willingly
i rarely dress to impress for him, seriously
this relationship pulls at me, consistently
putting so many demands on me, regularly
i take his grace for granted, most assuredly
i need his reassurance in my life, indefinitely
i repent and i am forgiven, immediately
and truthfully speaking, i have nothing to offer him
yet even when i fail miserably, he loves me eternally

Who Has A God Like This?!

He said, "Denise I have loved you with an every lasting love and I will not let you go. I have redeemed you beloved and you are mine."

#Selah...

(published 5/31 and updated 6/3)