Prose : Not Normal

Yesterday, for the first time in months, the traffic felt normal.  It was busy and crowded and I felt rushed along...unlike before where it felt like a movie. A serious ghost town, where I often had the road to myself needing to venture out for necessities or just feeling compelled to just drive and collect my thoughts.  

But here, I was being pushed by the cars in every direction, to keep up and to speed up.  Then, after the speedway of Rt 4, I turned onto Suitland Parkway, ahhhh, I had a moment to breathe. Coming into focus and realizing it's still spring, and the warmth from the sun on my skin makes me smile.  This while enjoying the sky and the full green trees lined along the way.  For a few seconds, it felt normal.  It felt like another Saturday in America and things "appeared" fine.  Then it seemed almost second nature, I snapped out of it and I thanked God. 

I was thanking God that things aren't back to normal and things certainly are not fine.  I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit's Presence in my life, continually reminding me that I am a child of God and that this life is not my home.  

For the unbeliever, you can choose to live in a fake and safe [life is all about me] bubble, believing that things are back to normal and resume your lives (Pre-Covid-19), but I am not the same. I refuse to be and I pray to God I will not be content with the way that things were.