Is It Over Yet

Can I now breathe a sigh of relief? Spontaneous tears, catching me off guard. Unresolved past issues swimming at the surface. Never ever truly being heard. Secretly wanting to stay in the background. Actually wanting to stay in my pj’s. Praying without ceasing inside my head. Residual anger stuffed under the layers of my heart. Putting on my happy face, just moments prior. While my misplaced anxiety’s pulling at its short leash. Please, do not go down memory lane; I beg you!!! Okay, pause; am I the only one feeling this way? We so did not get our “Rockwell” photo opt! Not at all sure if we ever will…Not even sure if there’s a happily ever after. Oh this weak flesh of mine. So desperately wanting to remain hopeful. Yet, in all this, I do give thanks. Because for me, it’s just Thanksgiving. With my new heart, and my new life, the one HE died to give me…I am thankful the other 364 days a year.