Replacing The Chaos

The little things that I love…for instance…when I’m sitting in my favorite chair, staring at my “I can’t believe this is my view” from my ginormous bay window…while listening to the waves that are within walking distance. 

I absolutely love love love when the refrigerator stops humming, when the heater stops humming, and when my thoughts stop running. When I just get to sit here in this gently used swivel chair and slowly rock back and forth. Seriously, it’s better than any swing! Just my personal opinion though…oh how I love little moments like this. When nothing is consuming me. 

S e l a h …

I love when I am in the moments with my Jesus…and #all is well. The birds fly high and I can see their bellies. Oftentimes, an occasional butterfly. Even the beloved Monarch!!! Twirling leaves gently making their way to the ground. Sail boats in the day and evening and cruise ships during the night hours. Cannot even describe the cloud formations and “Oh my yummy goodness, a rainbow sighting!” Sometimes a double one!!! Who is this God?! 

Yep, I love these little moments! I even get this little sacred space to myself in the winter! And right now, in this season of life, I get a humongous Christmas tree on the boardwalk. I feel so selfish believing He did that for me! All I need is snow… and I’m praying! But, only if it’s God’s will do I pray. Because with or without snow, I love little moments like this. Just He and I and HIS all consuming love. 

EXHALE…in these moments, Psalm 23:1 is so very real. The Lord is my Shepherd I have all that I need.