Momentarily Looking Back

I was never able to buy a Father’s Day card for my grandpa…

I was never able to pray in Jesus name with my grandma…

I was never able to drop my kids off in the nursery and then go to the sermon with the adults…

I was never able to fully participate in the PTA and homework with my children…

I was never able to take a family photo with both my parents…

I was never able to sit on my daddy‘s lap… Or his shoulders…

I was not able to have my birth father walk me down the isle on my wedding day…

I was not able to sit down with my parents and tell them about my decision to join the police department…

I was not able to give my children godly wisdom as they moved forward as young adults…

I was not able to have my granddaughters blessed and receive a commitment from the congregation to…

Looking back…the list could be so very long… So much I was not afforded to do and so much more that I was not aware that I was supposed to do…

But God says in His beautiful holy word, not to dwell on the former things…

He is doing something new. So very grateful that He specializes in new things…

In the present, and looking forward… I can pray. I can always pray. My God is a prayer hearing and prayer answering God. So that’s what I’ll do… 

I will always pray…