Oh My Soul

Oh my soul… I am not depressed. I am sad. I am not depressed. I am concerned. I am not depressed. I am weary. I am not depressed. I am grieved. I am not depressed. I am angry. I am not depressed. 

I am in mourning. I am not depressed. I am lamenting. I am not depressed. I am frustrated. I am not depressed. I am speechless. I am not depressed, I am eyes open… yes, eyes wide open.

I absolutely have the joy of the Lord. I have His unchanging promises inside my heart. I have my name in the Lamb’s book of life, and I am so not depressed.

But, if you are a child of God, a true believer, how can you not feel what I am feeling? This world is divided and deceived and distracted and layered with such discouragement.

I am not at all depressed, but I desperately want to see this all consuming God face-to-face. Who doesn’t?!

But at His will… and until He grants me my heart‘s desire… I will steadfastly pray for all of the above!

King David encouraged his soul in the Lord, and I shall do the same. By the Holy Spirit’s power and anointing and until I see my beautiful God face-to-face, I will do the same.

Oh my soul …. “Take heart says the Lord! I’ve overcome the world. Rejoice as your salvation is nearer than when you first believed!” Glory hallelujah! Cartwheels, backflips and somersaults!