Poetry and Prose

Who is this God that had such mercy on me?

He put a pen in my hand in my youth.

My big sister gave me my very first diary.

Mom said I’d write on anything and everything.

But it was not clear to me the reasons why.

I began collecting my feelings through words.

Diaries were my friend, used to comfort and release.

Year after year. But still withholding “some” things.

Not wanting someone to know the real me.

He knew me but I had no clue about Him.

Still writing and doing life and making many mistakes.

All of my stuff written in ink and easily accessible.

Shame, pain, discouragement, and some good stuff too.

But then came blogging… and the sweet addition began.

Who knew I would be so free with my thoughts… all of them?

That His Holy Spirit would guide my thoughts with ink.

I would tell about HIS salvation and my deliverance.

I would be oh so vulnerable because I’m now free.

I’d use “google” as a pulpit to say, HE is so real!

I’d use the broken parts of me to spill out and be transparent.

I’d tell of my mess and let HIM make a message of it.

I’d completely trust in Him and hold my head high.

I’d tell the truth in hopes to set one captive free.

I’d learn to be me through my poetry and prose.

Like my brother David who wrote countless Psalms…

I too would write and give my Abba all the glory! 

I will let my seasons in life draw me to pen what I’m experiencing and WHO I am trusting in. 

Trust in Him all you peoples and read Psalm 150!

This God is real and so is HIS Love for us!