White Privilege

To be honest, I thought that was a way of life. I didn’t know the name or term, so to speak…

In my youth, it was of no concern to me. We had a beautiful life. Parents, siblings and a loving home…

Then there was a profound season of darkness…too dark for me to see outside my brokenness and shattered safety-net…

Years later came my employment as one of the nation’s capitol, law enforcement officers. Where I was bound by oath and promised to serve and to protect…

Still so very naïve, seeing things with my virgin eyes that I had never ever seen before…seriously…never.

There was the wealthy side, the middle class, the not so middle-class and the absolute impoverished…

Of course I had questions inside my mind, and some verbally, as I watched how the “white people lived“ and how differently they were treated…

There was shock and awe and anger and frustration and favoritism and racism…some subtle and some very blatant…

I just couldn’t understand the great division outside of watching films and some documentaries about past slavery and unchecked evil…

Horrific things that occurred before I was born and before I could completely understand how hatred breeds more hatred…

When I moved here eleven years ago, the veil came off. I walked around “covered in His grace” and it was clear. Remembering my patrol days and my “quiet envy” towards some white people…I was ignorant.

White privilege is man-made, and not at all God’s beautiful and divine plan for human life, which is a precious gift from Him…

Because we’re all created in His image, we can coexist, love one another, show compassion and patience and kindness just as Jesus did when He walked the earth…

But to begin that journey, we must be made new. We must exchange these wicked sinful hearts for a heart of flesh and then receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit…

Then and only then will white privilege be nonexistent, slavery a thing of the past, and hatred being transformed into acceptance and decency and unity…

When this life ends, every tribe, tongue and nation, for all who believe, will be gathered at the throne of grace. In the presence of this loving God and worshiping Him as one ginormous family…

No more evil, no more indoctrination, no more hurt and  tears. The color of our skin will be a nonissue because the RADIANT Son of God will completely dominate everything in His Presence …

Come Lord Jesus, come…please hurry I pray!