Needing Encouragement

Like David, we too need constant encouragement!

If he wasn’t so distressed we would not have more than half of the Beloved Book of Psalms. If the Spirit of the Living God didn’t show up again and again to encourage him, where would we put all of our human emotions? 

I’m certain we would be heavy ladened with guilt, shame and insurmountable seasons of insecurity. We would feel as if no one truly cares or is willing to understand. So why even bother to unload on them?

We would stuff “these misplaced emotions” deep down inside until they piled so high and eventually reached the point of explosion. And not knowing the exact point of release, we try harder and harder to disguise ourselves, pretending as best we can. All dressed up in, “I’m fine!

Oh so beyond grateful that the King of Israel with all his power, wealth and resources, was confident in his God. He was assuredly and completely transparent with this God. He was audacious and free from judgement to express all that was within him so that we could later do the same. 

Yes! I love being encouraged by this God! I love being encouraged by His Holy Word! I love how He uses my weak flesh to encourage others! I’m still in awe of that part. 

I love being encouraged by members in the body of Christ, and I must admit; I absolutely love being still and being encouraged by poetry, prose and haiku penned by me…

:-)

So often, I smile and think, “Wow did I write that?

He absolutely used and is still using all of my pain and all of my past, and I am not at all ashamed; anymore!