My Thing

I have never really had a desire to travel, and I still don’t. But I have had the pleasure and privilege to have visited a few beaches and oceans over time…. 

A few cruises and some excursions…and the Alaskan seas…all so breathtakingly beautiful…

Still amazed that the Chesapeake Bay/North Beach is my front yard…over 4,000 days of waves…

I love the simple beaches like Ocean City, and the one further down, Rehobeth…

By His grace I saw the beach in Japan, the beach in Haiti and the beach in Ghana…

And I had an unbelievable beach front suite in Wales, England… All to my “He so spoils me” self…

And to temper my frustrations in my professional life, I would drive down to the Southwest waterfront…temporarily invisible…

To temper my frustrations in my personal life, I would drive to the lakes not far from my home…sit and write poetry…

I had absolutely no clue that all I had to do was willingly take a drink of His Living Water, and then never to be thirsty again…

I’d no longer yearn to fly away…or to quietly disappear, and nor would I be so unexplainably parched … metaphorically speaking…

I would now have an endless spring inside of me…bubbling over for countless others to partake…

All the years I’d secretly longed to be near the water…my happy place…my safe place…my pretend “life’s okay place…”

Standing here in this moment…I still cannot believe He truly gave me my heart’s desire and so much more…

Water is my #thing…

What’s yours?

(Just arrived home and stood by my car, near the Sunrise Garden while the flowing waterfall ministered to my soul…)