The Death of A Loved One

To love them, to have done life together, all the laughter, tears, trials and trumps together… and then, to lose them…

How…why and is this for real? Are just some of the questions swirling around inside my head….these are my thoughts…

My heart already knows the answer but I refuse to allow myself to sit with reality…I will not accept this…

I will not concede that they are gone forever and never to be seen again…seriously - never? Just unbelievable to me…

I cannot sit through the funeral procession…. I will not do it knowing that after it’s over, that is the “final good bye…” 

I prefer to stay in this fictional mindset of believing “they are still here…they are simply asleep…”

I will “convince myself” that those whom I loved and who loved me are not dead, and not eternally separated from God…

I will stand in this place…this head space with my feet firmly planted and, I will not move… nor will I weep…I will not shed a tear…making it appear real…

And as I am contemplating all of this…conversing inside my brain, the Holy Spirit gently brings me back to reality…whispering…

Jesus is Lord, salvation was and is available to all of mankind…and whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish…but have eternal life…

Beloved, you absolutely know the rest; you’ve memorized it, you believe it and you have proclaimed it repeatedly…

Beloved, you know I give the gift of free will, and they made their choice… they chose to reject my Son and to refuse My love…

So move pass this sorrow and go tell those who are still among the living… the time is short and My Son, the King is coming…